Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Trang An Complex

    February 21, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    We took a taxi to the Trang An complex, a UNESCO heritage site. Unfortunately, we lost the ATM card at the BIDV ATM and it led to hours of frustration. And also the devastating loss of your boat card. For some reason it worked for other people but it kept our card.

    After contacting Visa emergency services and canceling that card, we were hopeful that they were sending another card to one of our upcoming locations. So we decided to carry on and go to the boat ride. We were lucky to run into another American couple and shared the boat with them, Chris and Blake. They were based in the Seattle area.

    The landscape was beautiful, and I'm really glad that we did route three because the long cave was pretty cool! Temples were very similar to the temple of literature in Hanoi. We saw a snake in the water, and I got the sense that either Chris or Blake were also afraid of snakes. The boat ride was kind of long and I think we were both kind of stressed unfortunately. But the scenery was very pretty and the karsts were lovely.

    We had a little bit of confusion trying to get a taxi back to the hotel, and then we had men take us to the next hotel in the tampac area. We had a shower and I rode on the back of a scooter to get the money exchange. We then had 4.4 million dong.

    We went into town for dinner and had fried rice and banh mi again. You had an egg one and I had pork. Walked back to the hotel to pack our bags. On the way back we saw a house built into the side of a small karst, it was pretty interesting. We took a short nap and then loaded up to catch a taxi to the train station. On our walk into town we encountered a live music event, I'm not really sure what kind of horn that was it was very loud. We were able to get a taxi to the train after waiting a few minutes!
    Read more