Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    An Bang Cemetery

    February 24, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We slept pretty well even though it was a fairly hard bed. Breakfast was included in our stay and there was delicious passion fruit which you very generously let me have all of.

    We checked out and then took a taxi to the meeting place for the Jeep tour at Vietnam Backpacker's Hostel. We were a little early so we were able to wander down the way for a milk tea. They only had white pearls which were not as good as the black ones.

    We met our driver for the day. His name meant Music in vietnamese so he calls himself music man. He was very friendly and his English was okay. He said he had been doing the tours since 2017.

    The tour started by driving through a few interesting cemeteries that were in very swampy locations and then we visited An Bang cemetery, city of the ghosts. The cemetery is relatively young, only being built around 2007+. The graves can cost upwards of 100k USD.

    We next went to a coffee shop and a fruit stand in a nearby village. He picked up mandarins and a little brown fruit he called 'Luwong' which was fun to eat! The vietnamese coffee was traditional and in a little tin cup thing, dripping through. The bathrooms were some of the more rustic we had encountered up to that point.
    Read more