Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Zeep Tour

    February 24, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    After lunch we embarked on the Hai Van Pass through the seaside mountains to Da Nang. The views were gorgeous and the company was even better. The road was filled with landslides with hardly any warning.

    We stopped at a little cafe to take some pictures by a tree that grants couples a long and happy relationship haha. We had iced coffees with more sweetened condensed milk as our tour operator was helping a girl from Ohio with her scooter that wasn't starting.

    As we rode through Da Nang we were stopped twice by corrupt local police and each time the driver had to give 200k dong for us to pass along.

    As we continued, we saw interesting things like urban cows and Da Nang IT Park signs.

    The last thing on the tour was the Cham people temple. It was roughly 10th- 11th century. There were cows on leashes outside of it that you wanted to pet. Inside the temple the guide explained to us the ying and yang of women and men which was represented by the lingua (dick) and yoni (vag). The temple was still in use and still visited even though it was VERY quiet when we were there.
    Read more