Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    At sea

    June 19, 2023, North Sea ⋅ 🌬 17 °C

    Today we head north towards Norway. We track up the North Sea and you can feel it is getting cooler.

    We can use today to explore the ship. The Celebrity Apex is quite stunning and very modern.

    Last night the Martini Bar was our weakness. The barmen were hilarious. There was lots of ice tossing, bottle juggling and cocktails balanced on their heads. The guests loved it.

    Our room has a veranda which forms part of the room. When you want the window down you just close the inner doors. Clever concept.

    Modern artwork and sculptures are in all the corridors and foyers.

    The food so far has been excellent, and the staff are cheery and make you feel welcome. You wouldn’t really know there are 2600 people aboard.
    From what we can tell the majority of guests are from the USA. We even have a guest who has his companion dog with him.

    At 10:30am we have an invite to the Captains Club. It is a function for frequent cruisers. We will meet senior management and the captain himself.

    Mandatory afternoon activity is lounging around and reading.

    In the evening we went to the cabaret show that plays only twice on the cruise. It was a very good production with singing, acrobatics, laser lighting backing the dancers, an extremely talented violinist and loud music. The cast received a standing ovation.
    Read more