Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 32

    Athens

    16 de julho de 2023, Grécia ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    The prediction today is in the forties, so we got up and enjoyed the hotel breaky and packed our bags.

    We needed to move to the hotel that is where our tour starts with Insight Tours. It was just a short trip and to our delight our room was ready at midday, so we had time to get some cash and local goodies at a shop.

    This will be a rare day where we can relax until the group dinner tonight at 6:30pm so we decided to spend the afternoon at the rooftop pool. The view from there is unbelievable. You have a 360 degree look at Athens including the Acropolis.

    Our hotel is 5 star, so we are spoilt. We will spend 3 single nights here because we head north and back here Friday before we go to the Greek islands and the last night of the tour here. The clever people on our tour have dropped back to one bag and will leave luggage in storage here. We are not that clever!

    Erin is our tour director. This is our 3rd Insight tour, and she is already outstanding compared to prior directors. We get heaps of updates, and the week has been planned out to avoid the heat stress.

    Our group is unusually small. We are in total 19 guests. This is the peak of summer so maybe the heat was a turn off. With this small number we will have a more personal experience. Our coach is brand new doing only its third trip.

    After the hotel briefing, we walked a few doors down for our first dinner together. Oroscopo Restaurant, which Barack Obama dined in 2 weeks prior. The food was great. Soup, Greek salad, moussaka and 🍦 to finish. The wine flowed nicely, and we met each other properly.

    There are 6 Aussies and the rest are from the USA.

    Early start tomorrow to beat the heat.
    Leia mais