Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Santorini

    July 22, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 28 °C

    No wake up call and no excursion today. This will make a nice change after a few hectic days.

    Last night we attended a traditional Greek wedding show. It starts with you waiting in a staircase in stifling heat but soon you move into a large room full of family photos and a staircase.

    We are told we are cousins and guests of the bride. The wall has a video playing of the bride getting ready and the chaos of the bridesmaids and aunts.

    The mother of the groom comes in an revs the crowd up and this was one of many who sang and made us laugh.

    Once we were seated, the bride and groom went to all the tables introducing their husband to “the cousins”.

    The show included quite a few wedding appropriate songs backed by a Greek band. The dancing started and the plate smashing too. A great night.

    We walked to town after breakfast and again we are battling strong heat. We found the museum for cool place to hide for a while and then a shop to buy some trinkets.

    There were 3 cruise ships in the port so it was packed in town. The best decision we could make was to go back to our hotel and enjoy the afternoon in and beside the pool.

    Tonight we will attend a celebration of Angelina’s 15th birthday. Whilst her family are from the USA their heritage from Puerto Rico . When you are 15 they celebrate quinceanera which is the transition child to womanhood. The parents want us to attend this tradition.
    Read more