Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Osaka to Hirashima

    April 12 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We left behind our big luggage which will remain at the hotel in Osaka. We will only need our overnight bags for next two evenings in Hiroshima.

    Our next stop was one of the tour highlights. Himeji Castle is a hilltop Japanese castle complex situated in Himeji which is on route to Hiroshima. It is UNESCO World Heritage listed too. The castle is regarded as the finest surviving example of prototypical Japanese castle architecture. There are 83 rooms with advanced defensive systems from the feudal period although this castle was never actually attacked.

    The castle is also known as the 'White Heron Castle', Himeji. The design is predominantly white and it would look incredible at night under lights.

    Today is a beautiful blue sky day and with grounds full of cherry blossom it was the perfect visit.

    Now we will continue on to Kurashiki, a city on Japan’s Seto Inland Sea. We had a casual walk around the Bikan Historical Quarter, known for its centuries-old buildings and lovely local shops.

    Two more hours of bus time before we get to our hotel in Hiroshima. A long but very enjoyable day.
    Read more