Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Touchdown Goa!

    February 12 in India ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    Like we said, only 1.5hr from when we landed in Delhi until the departure to Goa. The routine is such that we had to claim the luggage, and then check it in again. We said goodbye to our Danish lady and rushed as quickly as possible to the exit, found the right desk and finally our luggage. But then the chaos started when we realized we were nowhere near the next check in desk. The lack of signs didn’t help either. All the staff that we asked for direction told us that we were very late but to hurry!

    And we hurried. Ran through the airport, found the desk, surpassed the “line” and left the luggage. Then security, surpassed that “line” too and run the last bit to the gate to learn that the departure was late and there was no need to rush…

    Anyway, finally we boarded, ate some more on the plane and landed in Goa! The adventure can begin!

    Taxi wasn’t the easiest to find but after some help it worked out. The driver was driving like crazy ofc and drove us to the nearest SIM card shop. There we managed to fight for somewhat lower price and were proud of it. But later learned that Dora’s number is actually someone else’s when she started getting messages directed to a random dude.

    Next stop after more chaotic driving was the ATM it didn’t work. Next one did. Phew! We got charged extra for all the stops but oh well.

    So far we’ve been around the city a bit. It’s very lively and felt chaotic, but maybe because we were very tired. We’re on a hunt for wedding outfits but no luck so far, except some shoes that Dora got. We have one day left to figure it out. Ended the night at a local music festival, at the Samba Square in Panaji.
    Our accommodation is really nice and the hosts very welcoming!🥺❤️
    Read more