Satellite
  • Day 119

    We're alive (In case you were wondering)

    March 27, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Greetings followers! Or, Sawadeekah from Bangkok!

    We have been in Bangkok for the last few days, taking it easy and exploring around our neighborhood. We were at an airbnb in Sukhumvit and mostly explored the night markets up and down the main road here. We found a great neighborhood restaurant with awesome pad thai and yellow curry, just at the end of our street. We ventured out to observe some of the "typical" nightlife of Bangkok. And we hung out at the pool. It has been incredibly hot though so we haven't been too motivated to do much walking during the day. We are looking forward to checking out the royal palace grounds and some temples when we get back to Bangkok in a couple weeks though. For now, though, we are awaiting yet another overnight bus to head to the southern island of Koh Samui. We'll be there until April 2 and, after looking at more pictures from there online, we are both super pumped. It looks like the island has a bit of everything (trekking, scuba, and beach napping, to name a few of our favorites) so we'll have plenty to do to keep ourselves busy there. Don't worry, we stocked up on sunscreen and aloe already!

    Depending on Internet connectivity, we'll try to send some pictures from another island paradise. Hope all is going well for our friends and family stateside!

    Note: The first two posts from Tioman Island have been updated with pictures!
    Read more