Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Blue Ridge Parkway-Cherokee to Asheville

    November 3, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 50 °F

    The Appalachian Mountains run from Alabama in the United States northeastwards to Newfoundland in Canada. Appalachian Trail, as the longest hiking footpath in the world, challenges millions of people yearly with its 2,175-mile scenic, wooded, pastoral and wild route.

    The Blue Ridge Mountains are subranges of Appalachians, extending from Georgia through Tennessee, South Carolina, North Caroline, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.

    The Blue Ridge Parkway, a linear National Park running along the spine of the Blue Ridge and linking Shenandoah and Great Smoky Mountains National Parks, is noted for its 469-mile scenic beauty.

    Our journeys start from the southern end of Appalachians in Georgia and will continue to expend further.

    Blue Ridge Parkway: Cherokee to Asheville

    This one-day driving along the parkway skirts the ridge tops offering numerous overlooks with spectacular mountain views. Along the way with the gorgeous weather, we reached the Blue Ridge Parkway’s highest point, passed many roadway tunnels, saw “glass mountain” and many more.

    Cherokee town is full of Indian history. In nineteen centuries, Georgia set in motion to seize Cherokee land, especially when gold was discovered in Dahlonega area and President Andrew Jackson passed Indian Removal Act. Thousands of Cherokees were expelled from their homeland and forced to migrate to Oklahoma. Because of harsh weather conditions, more than 4,000 Cherokees died during the winter on “Trail of Tears”.
    Read more