Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    malaysia

    April 25, 2017 in India ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    New Year in Kuala Lumpur is one of the most celebratory occasions of the year and Malaysia’s bustling capital city is hailed as one of the best cities in Southeast Asia for an exciting New Year's Eve party. Every end of year is marked with colorful fireworks, massive parties, and bustling street fairs held in accompaniment to the countdowns that are attended by thousands of people, tourists and locals alike.

    Traveling in and around Malaysia is quite convenient since it has some major bus terminals and express buses are the preferred mode of transport here. Tickets for which can be booked online from www.redbus.my.

    Merdeka Square

    Similar to KLCC Park, Merdeka Square offers an impressive and free New Year celebration in the city center. Set in front of the Sultan Abdul Samad Building, the iconic landmark consists of a giant field with perfectly manicured green lawns and a center piece of the Malaysian flag displayed on a 95-meter tall flagpole. On New Year’s Eve, Merdeka Square hosts a number of choreographed traditional dances, singing acts, marching bands and a spectacular fireworks display in the parade grounds. Visitors can just sit back and relax on the grassy field, but most prefer standing to enjoy a better view of the festivity. Merdeka Square is a 14-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur city center, though we recommend taking the monorail as traffic can get rather congested due to road closures. Alight at the Raja Chulan stop and take a five-minute stroll towards the Sultan Abdul Samad Building.

    The Curve Shopping Mall

    Every December 31, the Curve Shopping Mall in Petaling Jaya hosts a massive, free street party and fireworks display at The Street, a spacious Al fresco walkway in the mall. Featuring live performances by local bands and dancers, it is usually packed with hundreds of attendees from 18:00 onwards. During this time, swanky bistros, cafes, bars and restaurants situated along The Street offer special NYE and happy hour promos, perfect for those who want to wine and dine as they usher in the New Year.
    Read more