Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Day 28

    March 4 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 33 °C

    Railay > Khao Sok Village

    After grabbing another Thai omelette from our regular place on Tonsai, we go back to our hotel and pack, as well as apply for our Cambodia VISAs as it won't be long now till we're done with Thailand! How sad. One thing I had noticed about today was that it was hot and humid. Eventually we leave and make the walk through the jungle from Tonsai to Railay with our big bags. With the heat this was extremely uncomfortable and the new priority was to find somewhere in the shade with a fan. So, we go back to old faithful and go to the restaurant we were at yesterday and I order even more food and a ice cold watermelon smoothie.

    Eventually we head to the pier and grab a longtail boat over to a pier in Krabi, ready to wait for our minivan to Khao Sok. After being eaten alive by bugs, we realise we were in the wrong place and head to the right place to wait. The air was uncomfortable to exist in, with temperatures as high as 35° but feeling like 42° so you can imagine the relief of sitting in an air conditioned minivan. After lots of diversions to pick and drop people off, we get to Khao Sok and we walk to our hotel and check in. Somehow we had scored 2 double beds. Downside is the bathroom smelt like human shit.

    We head out for some food where I get some beautiful yellow noodles followed by the biggest portion of mango sticky rice I've ever been given. We head back and shower in the stinky bathroom then head to sleep. Around 2.30am I had my mosquito net fall down and smother me, so that was interesting to put back up.
    Read more