Satellite
  • Day 14

    Day 10 of Camino De Santiago

    September 11, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Surprisingly I slept quite well last night.

    The ultimate day. This is it. After so much suffering, blisters, bad days, good days, acquaintances - it's finally here! 17km to go until we reach Santiago. We are full of energy all day - so anxious to arrive. Dancing and singing along the way. We see it in the distance - the village of Santiago. 7km to go and we're there.

    ...Is this it?? Are we seriously here?? I thought to myself as we were approaching the cathedral. Vanessa and I start to tear up- tears of joy I imagine as we are finally at the end of this crazy journey. We sit down to absorb the moment; hugging, laughing and crying all at the same time. Wow. 10 days. 269km. It's such a wonderful feeling being here and seeing everyone's smile on their faces. It seems like everyone has forgotten their pain and sufferance and are completely in aww of this moment. After taking a good half hour to absorb the moment we decide to go get in line to obtain our certification. We got lucky - only 1 hour wait.

    My friends were meeting their family for lunch and heading back home for the night so I headed off to my hotel. I will see them Thursday when we go to Isla De Cies together. Tonight I will visit this beautiful town and grasp these past few weeks.

    I will keep blogging about my adventures as I visit Europe. Not sure where I'll go next week but that's kind of the exciting part.

    P.s. My feet will thank me tomorrow. But I think I will have these blister scars for life.
    P.p.s. Wow. Now I can finally start my vacation!! 😍😍😍
    Read more