Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    The context of greek leadership

    May 13, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    7) Talk about one contextual factor in the Greece leadership system and what you learned while we were in Greece that helped you understand that factor in more depth?

    One thing that I often heard and saw was about the Greek government system, it was being talked about by locals, by Kyra, by anyone. I heard from locals that the election were coming up in less than a week, going through the streets of Athens, I saw town halls where there were candidates talking about whatever they were supporting. At a hotel on Aegina when stoping to go to the bathroom I learned that those running for parliament only had to get 3% of the vote to become elected. Everything the locals were doing seemed to be connected to the government elections.

    While there was so much going on with the government, I learned from Kyra how little the government did for refugees. I learned of the camps at the boarder that the government did nothing about, that it was volunteers that took
    them food. That these refugees never saw any help from the government that promised to take care of them. I saw that the Greek government system lacked any sort of proactive measures, and only acted on immediate problems for the country as a whole.

    The system that Greek government uses lacks many of the main leadership practices that we use.
    Read more