Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Three Counties in a Day

    June 6, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Tuesday, we set off to explore Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, and Worcestershire. This was a lovely road trip, first arriving in Ledbury, a market town, where we strolled the main street and lunched in a pub dating back to the 16th century. I'm sure the beer was 16th century, warm and flat(as a flea's fart - a local saying).
    After lunch, we headed off to walk in a large estate, Eastnore Deer Park, admiring the countryside and taking in the view of a local Eastnore castle still in private hands. The countryside is almost manicured with perfectly straight trees that haven't been ravaged by winds and fields with plenty of colour and wildlife.
    Wednesday, we made the pilgrimage to Worcester city and the cathedral. A magnificent Roman town with reminents from AD600. We toured the great cathedral and wandered the docklands as Worcester was a port, now home to some luxury vessels and long boats.
    In the afternoon, I had fourty-winks, and then Bev and Coco (the dog) took me on a walk up a country lane in Hartpury. The afternoon was finished off by scones, clotted cream, and strawberry jam, oh to be an Englishman once again.
    Read more