Satellite
  • Day 2

    Long hike.

    April 23, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today I got up early and booked surf lessons for tomorrow (Sunday morning). I wanted to go this morning but I got up too late. Oh well, ill do it tomorrow. It is supposed to rain and when I mentioned that to the organizer he told me that I will get wet either way. Well played sir... Well played....

    I also noticed that the back pack that I brought is already broken and ripped. It really sucks and i have no clue what I can do to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas.

    I went back to where I am staying and looked in my new zealand books for something to do that doesn't cost anything. I found a walk called the coast to coast walk, which starts like 4 blocks from where I am staying and it is a 16k walk(they estimate it's 4 hours long because of the hills we climb and stuff).

    On my way, we pass by the university and i saw a guy in a full said of armor with an axe. He was heading in th opposite direction that I had to go but I followed him out of curiosity. He went to a park with a bunch of people in costume and weird coloured hair. I kind of regret not taking any pictures but I had it on my mind that I had to complete my trip under the 4 hours and this was killing my time so I left him there.

    I walked up mount eden( which is an inactive Volcano ) , and saw amazing view of the city and took a ton of pictures before heading off to the next part which is another Hill called one tree Hill (there was no actual tree because they cut it down years ago.). There I saw my first sheep!!!!!! 🐑🐑🐑🐑
    Once I got to the top of the hill I notice that I had dropped my sunglasses after swearing a but under my breath I cut my losses and finished the walk without taking too many more pictures.

    On my way back (yes I walked back too). I found a sunglasses hut so I stopped to get a new pair. I ended talking to the guy behind the counter for about an hour and he gave me his number to go out and get drinks with him tonight.... Actually now that I am writing this I can see how things could be taken differently.... Not sure if i will text him or not. We will see tomorrow night how I feel after the Surf attempt.... Maybe I'll finally take out my go pro tomorrow.
    Read more