Satellite
  • Day 51

    Need to make a change

    June 11, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Yesterday was my day off so I didn't do much other than drink and hop around various bars. I started early to go and watch game 5 of the NHL playoffs. It was nice and it felt like I was back home for a bit. Then I went out for late lunch with my boss at a little Irish pub which was really nice. I got to know a lot about him. Then that night we did something different, we went to a jazz show. It was different but and interesting because the age demographic was significantly older than us (most of them had white hair) but man could they dance to that jazz!

    With that in mind, I'll say that I am loving it here. The people are great and I am having an amazing time but I feel like shit. Too much unhealthy eating (and drinking) and not enough exercise is making me feel like absolute shit. I spend most of my days on my computer and applying to many jobs, working in the hostel then into the bar next door. The nights are starting to add up and it is about time I start to cut back a bit. I keep seeing hiring signs on doors then ignore them as I go back to my computer to apply to other jobs. I know that I will be able to find a job when I finally decide to go out there and hand out my cv door to door. It will be a little bit of leg work but will be nice to get some more sun and some exercise. I am going to try to go to bed earlier and run in the mornings.

    I heard that Gordie Howe died yesterday and the worse part is that I keep mentioning it to people and how sad it is and they keep asking who he is. It is a clear difference of cultures that I am still trying to wrap my head around.

    By the way the pictures are from the botanical gardens here. Also is included is a picture of our room door, not sure why we have so many shoes on it.

    I'll end with that it was nice talking to my brother recently even if it wasn't for much other than let me know of some bad news back home, which is kind of sad that no one else wanted to mention anything to me. I may be across the world but I would like to know what is going on back home. Hope you guys stay safe, i am thinking of you back home.
    Read more