Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Napoli with Charlie and Sue

    May 1, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Up to depart Ruislip before 3.00!! No exit onto M23 south so small detour via Redhill and ignoring postcode to find our parking. Through security in time for a quick breakfast in Garfunkel’s then a long bus trip from the gate round to the plane parked furthest away and nearest the car park. Take off to the west. Smooth flight and on time arrival. Picked up and transported to our Palazzo.
    Our taxi dropped us in a square some 100 m along a pedestrian street already busy at 10.00. We were plucked from the throng by our hostess, Maria Teresa and brought into a haven of peace. They kindly gave us a brief on the city sights and looked after our cases while our apartment was cleaned.
    We headed out into May Day celebrations with band for a recce of the supermarket then on to the funicular railway which took us up to the view point below Castel St Elmo. On the way back we did supermarket sweep part one for lunch picking up a fine selection of cheeses and cool beers.
    We then retired briefly for a snooze before further shopping activity to provide for home cooked pasta with local Campi Flegrei Piedirosso wine.
    An excellent first day in Napoli.
    Read more