Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Valley Trail

    May 29, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This morning dawned bright and breezy with wet ground. After brekkie we had to visit Rock & Gem then a very helpful volunteer at the Visitor booth, Jennifer, pointed out a lake walk along the Valley Trail with coffee stop half way. It’s off season in Whistler so pretty quiet and not everything open.
    The trail skirts the golf course then borders Alta and later Nita Lakes, with coffee stop at Nita Lodge some 4K in. We were by the railroad, completed to here in 1914 and a huge train passed as we were leaving to skirt the far side of Alta Lake. Weather perfect for the walk and huge variety of wild flowers. Back in the village we picked up some Peaks and Valleys pale ale from Russell Brewing ( with Chilliwack hops) to go with lunch.
    Having done nearly 17,000 steps we put our feet up for a bit. The day stayed sunny, contrary to the forecast. So Then we pottered around, did a bit of sketching, reading, exploring the village and gondola/ ski lifts, three of which were in operation. We had to try the pool which was warm and the hot tub which was hotter!
    Time for reviving g&t and eats in a bit.
    Read more