Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Wedding Day

    January 9, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    The day dawned bright and sunny. We were up to fit in a full walk to Burns Beach, where we had our first Aussie flat whites. I went for a dip in the pool, a respectable 26 c.
    Then we loaded the car as per instructions and headed south on Marmion Ave through Scarborough to Freo, picking up 6 bags of ice along the way, and to Be apartment overlooking the boat marina.
    The wedding venue in Kidigo Artspace was but a short drive to drop off the fizz and water and ice. The building was formerly a Kerosene store and dates from 1884.
    We had time to suit up and stroll down ready for the off at 16.15, beginning with a welcome from a representative of the indigenous people who sang a song accompanied by tapping two boomerang together.
    The ceremony was beautiful and the bride looked gorgeous in a very sparkly dress. Amanda and a cousin, Justin read and uncle Crispy played Bach at the conclusion.
    Photos followed then reception in nearby Bathers Beach House. All very magical and delicious food and wine with loads of opportunities to catch up and make new acquaintances among the speeches and an amazingly colourful sunset.
    A perfect wedding day.
    Read more