Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    A Tour of Albany

    January 16, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    After another gourmet breakfast and visit to the recycling point we headed out on a tour of Albany. First we went to the Sandalwood Factory which processes WA Sandalwood, manufacturing cosmetics and sending quantities to pharmaceutical companies. We had a very interesting tour , purchased some products and stopped for coffee.
    Next we headed south and found a beautiful spot at Rushy Pt where we spotted birds from the beach.
    Next the Gap and Natural Bridge with beautiful views of the Southern Ocean and rock formations. The Blowholes were not blowing so we went on to the Whaling Station for a spot of lunch and view of the Plein air painting group. Lunch accompanied by blue tail lizard.
    Returning via Quarantine Point and the IGA we had to visit Emu Pt at the other end of Middleton Beach- a lovely spot.
    Cocktails were scuppered by the bar being closed on Wednesday so we resorted to g&t in our apartment before heading out to Hooked for the best f&c in WA. They were brilliant - a selection of hake from SE Atlantic and local Nannygai (red snapper) and Denmark Cobbler - all very excellent.
    Read more