Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Annet and St Agnes

    June 3, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We were up early for a quick shop, excellent scrambled egg and mushroom breakfast , courtesy of Jim. Then we headed to the Quay to catch Golden Spray on a wildlife trip round Annet. The trip across was quite exciting with wind and tide conspiring to create some large swell. The usual spot for Puffins was bare , though we did find fulmars, shags, oystercatchers, gannets and Atlantic grey seals. One solitary puffin was seen flying by. Most unusual for the time of year.
    We landed on St Agnes in the sunshine and strolled to Beady Pool where we had our picnic lunch on the beach. The variety and colours of wild flowers was outstanding and they continued round the southwest side of the island with views of rocks and out to the Bishop light. We turned at the campsite and found Troytown ice creams in the store. A taste of Cornish cider, Turks Ale or Spanish rose rounded off a splendid , if puffin light day.
    Later we dined on fish & chips from the van behind the town hall, including full gluten-free options, excellent it was too. After dinner stroll included some old haunts like Buzzar Tower and Tamale where we watched the 1999 eclipse.
    Read more