Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 11

    Cape Peron & Bernier Island

    28. mars, Indian Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Woke up to sunrise.
    After another excellent breakfast the Explorers headed out towards Cape Peron across Shark Bay
    Many opted for a walk along the cliffs and back along the shore. The warning was it would be very hot and so we chose to take a cruise around the coast instead. On the beach we saw a Wedge tailed eagle feeding and Caspian as well as Crested terns alongside many pied Cormorants. On top of the cliff was a feral goat (which are a bit of a pest).
    After lunch while we moved up the coast a bit to Bernier Island, we had tours of the engine room and bridge. All very high tech and impressive how clean everything was. The ship has no rudder, just two Rolls Royce propeller units that can turn through 360degrees to give manoeuvrability. There is also all the water and provisions and waste storage, production of water and air conditioning, mostly electric and powered by two main and auxiliary diesel engines. Fascinating.
    Later we went across to the Clam gardens for a snorkel. Unfortunately the current and wind were a little too strong for us to get very far, although conditions were the warmest they’ve been so far.
    We are now sailing on to Ningaloo.
    Woke up to sunrise
    Les mer