Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Anniversary Day

    April 6 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    50 years ago my brother Charlie married Sue in Farnham, Surrey. Our whole trip has been celebrating their Golden anniversary and this was their special day. We drove into Broome and had an excellent breakfast at the Dragonfly cafe.
    Next stop the Saturday market in the grounds of the old Courthouse where some excellent purchases were made. Having dropped off the car we took the bus past Cable Beach as far as the Spinifex brewery where we had a sharing platter for lunch.
    After lunch we had time to visit Willy Creek pearl showroom where they had some amazing carp and barramundi in their pool.
    We felt the need to use our pool then! We did though visit the Black Stump gallery across the road which had some impressive works of art including a couple of mixed media that included diamond dust which appealed to Janet in particular.
    Before going out C&S opened the bottle of Moët champagne 2015 which we got in duty free and was a delicious toast to the occasion.
    We got the bus to Wharf where we had the most excellent fish and chips. A great way to end the anniversary day.
    Read more