Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Bus ride to Ibiza Town

    June 7, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    After a peaceful night we started the day early and put the laundry to good use.
    Soon we had lowered the tone of the marina with brightly coloured clothes handing off every possible part of Eureka and we left them drying during the day not minding what people thought as we were gone somewhere else.

    Again the crew split. Paul, Laura and I got the bus into Ibiza town for a bit of sightseeing while Máirín and Chris stayed closer to the marina and rested ankles, chests etc.

    The half hour bus journey into Ibiza Town was pleasant but nothing to get excited about. The fields were flat and just growing crops like anything at home and the built up area was not really anything to get excited about.

    I was expecting to find loads of young people hanging around the town from what I had heard about Ibiza but I think most of them must have still been in bed recovering from the night before.
    We did see some of the night clubs but in the daylight, they looked a bit grotty from the outside. I'm sure they looked much better with lights etc. after dark especially with a few pints onboard.

    The harbour itself was very commercial and the marinas nothing to shout home about. We were much better where we were.

    The ‘old town’ in Ibiza was on a hill surrounded by its medieval town walls overlooking the modern town below.
    We headed in that direction and wandered along the narrow streets and visited a church or two as is our habit. We then found somewhere to sit and had some refreshments as we chilled out before getting the bus back to the marina.

    Once back, we all joined up again and had lunch aboard in the early afternoon. We then undressed Eureka before we got a warning notice to desist from flying all those strange coloured flags off the life lines.

    Like last night we headed into town for dinner and strolled slowly back to the marina for more refreshment before heading back to Eureka.
    Read more