Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Jetskiing and Airlie Beach

    September 18, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Woke up this morning with plenty of time before our JetSki tour. Had breakfast with the friendly cockatoos - who ate out of our hand - before heading downstairs to wait for the bus.

    Did our safety brief then got ourselves kitted up for the tour. It was really quite windy today and I was quite glad we signed up for the easier tour around Airlie Beach instead of going out to the islands. I was with Hamish and at first I was quite tentative. Because it was so choppy that made it harder because you needed speed to get over the waves and i wasn’t confident enough! Eventually I started feeling a bit better and the guy suggested we give the boys a go at driving. Hamish did a bit with me - and did well - but then the instructor let him drive on his jet ski. So I had some time on my own which was fun because I was so much less worried and just let go! We finished off at a bay with a whole lot of sea turtles poking their heads out which was pretty good, then it was one last quick burn around before heading in. Boys seemed to have fun which was great (although Hame was complaining of sore legs by the time we went in).

    Came back to Airlie, had a quick shower and went out for some chips by the water. This afternoon we didn’t do a whole lot just went down to the lagoon for a swim - we decided it was just a little too cold - even Hamish wasn’t that keen. Hame went in but we gave it a miss.

    Another rest in the room before Hamish’s choice for dinner - maccas. We are all a bit tired and burnt tonight from all this action!
    Read more