Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Ocean Rafting/Whitehaven

    September 20, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Caught the shuttle bus out to the marina and eventually boarded our ocean raft. We were lucky enough to be sitting on the edge of the boat for a lot of the trip which was fun. Conditions weren’t too bad - it was a little choppy on the way back but that just added to the fun.

    First stop was hills inlet where we walked up to the lookout then down to the beach. We hung out here for a couple of hours. I was a little disappointed that they’d decided not to go down to the “southern” part of the beach - which is the actual beach itself. Where we were was pretty nice though and we had a nice swim. We saw some fish and also a few sting rays. The water was so beautiful and crystal clear - it’s amazing.

    After lunch and a swim we were back in the boat and heading to another stop to feed some fish. This was pretty cool as we got some real close ups of some pretty big fish. 5 mins down the bay and we arrived at our snorkel point. We jumped in for a quick snorkel, saw a few fish but to be honest I was so paranoid about sharks that I didn’t really enjoy it. I think the kids did though - Hamish was a bit scared to put his face under water at first but once he did he enjoyed it.

    Then it was the bumpy trip back in to end what was all in all a pretty good day. We decided to walk back to the hotel then have a run/break before heading out for some Korean chicken for dinner. Turned out to be a good choice in the end.
    Read more