Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Boarding the Ghan

    November 8, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    After a bit of a rough night with a load of yelling and noise around 4am we woke up pretty early to go and grab some breakfast before we needed to board the train. We walked up to Montefiore Hill in North Adelaide before finding the bakery on OConnell street and grabbing some food and coffee. Walked back to the hotel really enjoying the weather and atmosphere - it’s funny how you can dislike a place then realise it’s not so bad when you return years later. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t ever want to come back to live but it’s not bad to visit.

    Checked out of the hotel and decided to walk the couple of kms to the train station. Quite an easy pleasant walk, wasn’t too hot yet which was good. Found the station in good time, checked in and eventually boarded the train!

    Hung out in the room for a bit while the train left Adelaide. All seemed pretty comfortable so happy so far! Checked out the lounge just before lunch, really started to solidify the fact that we were the youngest ones on here by about 30 years.

    Eventually it was our time to have lunch and we were treated to the most delicious meal - so amazing I somehow ended up with some of it in my hair (!) so I continued to enjoy it for the rest of the afternoon.

    Hung around on the train enjoying the scenery and trying not to drift off to sleep before eventually it was time for dinner - another great meal! Back to the room too enjoy some tv before it was time for bed.
    Read more