Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Horizontal Falls 24 hour tour

    July 26, 2022, Indian Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    What an amazing 24 hours, seaplane to the pontoon then a helicopter flight over the area, it was high tide.
    Then back on pontoon for morning tea and after everyone had done the helicopter e went to our accommodation for lunch and to settle in Hayley, Tom, Ash, Leah & chef looked after us.
    The next was a shark swim opportunity ( people in cage sharks in open water) while Tom gave us a talk on the area and what happens there.
    Then out for the fast boat ride to the horizontal falls (couldn’t go through due to previous accident and investigation) but Hayley got us as close as possible on the run out tide.
    Then off for some fishing with Adrian and I caught 2 nice fish ( others also caught some and a shark that was released) that we had cooked up for entree at dinner.
    Awesome chef and staff, Ash, Leah and the food was amazing.
    The houseboat accommodation was excellent and had just been refurbished 2 months ago, don’t have take anything as towels, toiletries were all provided.
    Early morning sunrise cruise up the creek to hear the history of the area by Hailey then back for breakfast and our last boat ride to the falls to see the tide going the other way.
    The height of the tides here is ridiculous up to 11 meters,
    This is a is a must tour if coming up here nothing else I have seen or done matches the amazing trip.
    Read more