Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 74

    Albany

    September 4, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Great drive here today stopped at a little town called Manjimup, great visitors Centre with some old appliances on show 😂.
    Coffee and ham & cheese toasty as it was raining and couldn’t do our usual side of road stop area with our coffee
    and fruit.
    Arrived at our stop, set up had lunch and headed out for hike.

    Back in town and found a Thai restaurant for a Father’s Day dinner, thanks Valerie
    A couple of days doing the tourist things (other footprints).

    We stopped at Denmark for lunch at Mrs Jones Cafe, great food.
    Decided to check out Ocean Beach which was beautiful, again the water was crystal clear and a nice sandy beach.
    There was also a mangrove walk a little further back after the caravan park that led to the water rushing out to the ocean.
    Last day in Albany
    Had a morning tea at Emu Point a nice little spot with a small channel for boat access.
    Visited Misery Beach, a beautiful beach protected from the southern winds, again crystal clear water and white as white sands, a perfect spot to hide away.
    Salmon Holes was interesting facing the southern ocean ( directly on the opposite side to Misery Beach) open to the elements the salmon usually come close to shore in the limestone reef for protection from the sharks.
    Just wish I had taken my fishing rod, 🎣 might be having fresh salmon for dinner 🐟.
    Read more