Satellite
  • Day 11

    Dalat

    April 12, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Having enjoyed myself so much in Mui Ne it was sad to be leaving. The bus journey to Dalat was a bumpy one, however the scenery was incredible. I travelled there with a girl called Aurelie who is doing an internship in Dalat and was in Mui Ne for a break. Having got on really well, we agreed to meet up again in Hanoi as we are meant to be there around the same time.

    Exhausted, I arrived at my hostel. It was a lovely family feel and every evening they do 'family dinner' which invites everyone in the hostel to eat together. The food was the best I've had in Vietnam and was so sociable. To end the night we headed to the Maze Bar which was a crazy place full of tunnels and stairs. It really lived up to the name, being impossible to find your way back out again.

    The next day in Dalat was a touristy one. I joined up with a girl I had met in Mui Ne called Fiona and got on well with. We decided to explore the city along with another girl called Leena who was in her hostel as well. The day was filled with a trip to the local market, a walk around the lake which was spectacular. We then decided to head to one of the waterfalls. The hike up there was one I will not forget. We even got the local bus to and from the waterfall and felt like real tourists as well as feeling extremely proud we got there and back. On the way back, we stopped off at the Crazy House which was fascinating and cleverly created. It was full of crazy passages, tunnels and a breathtaking view over Dalat. Very tired and hungry we made our way back to the hostel in time for another family dinner which we all demolished.

    Having had a busy few evenings previously, we decided it was time for a movie night so settled on watching How to lose a guy in 10 days. After 22,668 steps I'm hoping sleep will come very easy tonight.
    Read more