Satellite
  • Day 1

    Vientiane

    May 3, 2017 in Laos ⋅ ⛅ 37 °C

    The few days in Vientiane were definitely slower paced than my previous few days.

    On the first night I met 3 lovely English girls who happened to be from near Guildford which makes me feel almost at home being able to talk about mutual friends and the comforts of Surrey. However, being exhausted from the previous week and travelling to Laos I had an early night in order to be up in good time to do my Thai visa.

    On the return to the hostel after visiting the embassy I got surprised by Simona who had just come from Thailand. Despite knowing we would be meeting in Laos I didn't think she would be there until the evening so I was extremely happy I had her to spend the day with. We spent the day together exploring Vientiane and eating the BEST burgers I've had since being out in SE Asia. I would even go as far to say they would give some of the burgers I've had at home a run for their money. Having heard there was very little to do in Vientiane, which there literally isn't much to do, me and Simona spent the rest of the afternoon cafe hopping, treating ourselves to some goodies.

    Meeting back up with the girls from the previous night, we finished the day by going out for dinner and a wonder around the night market. The following day was another cafe hopping day as well as collecting my visa from the Thai embassy. We also treated ourselves to a £4 pedicure, absolute bargain I would say. Then finishing the day with a Rays Grille infamous burger.

    Safe to say my belly has indulged heavily in these few days.
    Read more