Satellite
  • Day 29

    Gili Air

    July 20, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Arriving relatively late to Gili Air Sacha, Pernilla and I were welcomed into our homestay by a lovely Indonesian family who provided us with a free welcoming drink of iced coffee (my new found favourite drink). We then settled into our homestay which was perfect for what we needed, having just the space for all 3 of us. Sacha wanted to go visit and say goodbye to his volunteering friends, whilst Pernilla and I decided to stay in, exhausted after a hectic week. We had a slow evening and went out for dinner, which looked over the sea and beach. However, once we had eaten we didn't hang around long as we just wanted to be in bed for an early night.

    Woken up the next day to breakfast delivered to our room which was a delightful, their iced coffees are definitely some of the best I have ever had. After a slow start to the morning we decided to be active and go snorkelling as hadn't done it on Gili T. So we spent the next hour watching the colourful fish wonder around coral. Despite not being as incredible as Nusa Lembongan, the fish were still fascinating and it was a fun thing to do. After returning the snorkelling gear, we decided to chill on the beach for the rest of the day before going back and grabbing some money to head out to dinner.


    Wondered the beach, sat on the swings and just chilled. Great way to end mine and sacha's week.

    Early rise to get our ferrys, said goodbye to Sacha and saw him off to Lombok to meet his family while me and pernilla headed back to the mainland for my final days left in Bali!
    Read more