Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Farewell Amsterdam

    December 20, 2016 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 0 °C

    Early rise with Kellie waking us up with her ATAR results. We didn't go back to sleep. We packed up and headed to the train station via the Red Light District. We were a bit early to see the girls but we did see the booths. Brodie's comment "at least they have heaters". That was all: a stool and a heater. This morning was the coldest at 3 but weather zone said it felt like -4 and we would agree.
    On the train there is still frost in the paddocks an its the afternoon.
    A few things about Amsterdam:
    Pedestrians have no rights, even on a footpath. Even though there is dedicated bike paths they still go on footpaths along with scooters, cars & trucks.
    They carry anything on the bikes, nothing is too big, small or wide. Funniest thing yesterday, a guy riding a bike while dragging a rolling suitcase.
    Dutch children are the cutest kids ever. Miss getting my photo of them on bikes with their parents.
    I'm putting this in a more polite way than Kellie did. She is coming back to find a husband to have dutch babies. I picked out a nice guy working behind the bar that I thought would make good babies.
    You do not see any obese dutch people only us tourists. The reason for this is the mode of transport is pushbike and all buildings have stairs and the dutch are into organic food.
    Dogs are allowed everywhere even in eating places.
    Photo 1 - Morning tea, yes food again!
    Photo 2 - Cold foggy Amsterdam at 11.30am
    Photo 3 - Our train
    Read more