Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    It was the day before Christmas

    December 24, 2016 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    It is 7am over here and we are up having a coffee. Dave reading the papers back in Australia. You have to love technology. Today we are here until about 2.30pm then we head off to Viersen Dulken to spend Christmas Eve with Bernhard & Monika. We will be staying the night and returning after breakfast to spend Christmas day here. We will be going to their church, which is the largest in their area. They are Catholic churches over here. Monika will be singing in the choir. It will go for about 2hrs so it will be an interesting 2hrs not understanding anything. I haven't told the kids how long it goes for so when they read this there will be some squawks. Hopefully we can sign into their wifi to send Christmas messages otherwise it will have to be on our Christmas Day here.
    I am cooking the kids favourite meal on Christmas day. In the apartment we have a fully functional kitchen which is good. We did forget to buy a little Christmas tree from the markets. Will have to see what's around here.
    Will be thinking of you all on Christmas Day. ♡♡♡♡

    Photo 1 - Our Christmas socks we bought at the market
    Photo 2 - French Nouget from the markets (something to take to Monika & Bernhard on Christmas Eve)
    Read more