Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Epiphany Parade in Florence

    January 6, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 0 °C

    Today on the 6th of January is Epiphany for Florence. The 12th day of Christmas where the three wise men present their gifts.

    Another late start, sometimes you need a catchup morning. I walked down to the bakery, but not too hopeful of any being open as it's a holiday day here. It wasn't open but we had bread and some left over brioches from the previous morning. We ventured out after 10am and headed to the river while the sun was out. We had our thermals back on today, the temperature has dropped again. It is extremely cold again, expected to go up to +2. Brain freeze cold! On our way down to the river we come across an old car parade, so we stopped and watched the cars for a while. We wandered around the streets and we found a place for lunch. We had lovely pasta and pizza. Then Brodie ordered a cheesecake yum yum. Kellie & I shared a bit after tasting Brodie's. Not like our cheesecakes. After lunch we headed back for the Epiphany Parade that was starting at 2pm. We had left our map home so didn't really know were it was. It just happened that we ran into the start of it. The period costumes were just beautiful, but you could tell they were cold. After the parade we headed back to our apartment as we were all bit flat and cold. Called into the shops to pick up something for tea. We were back in our warm apartment by 4.30pm.

    Photo 1 - Streets of Florence
    Photo 2 - Car parade
    Photo 3 & 4 - Lunch
    Photo 5 & 6 - Epiphany Parade
    Read more