Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Farewell Innsbruck

    January 13, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    We moved on again today. We had breakfast, packed up and headed towards the train station. We were lucky with the weather as Innsbruck was by far our warmest place so far. The forecast for the next few days was a minimum of -17 and a maximum of - 4. We walked to the train station and Brodie was still touching the snow. We caught the regional train to Munich. It was a relaxing trip, easy to get on and we had our own compartment. The scenery was white fields of snow. We arrived in Munich an hour later. We found the platform where our train was meant to be leaving from. No sight of our train, then it disappeared from the board. We made a mad dash of the platform in case it had changed. We asked a conductor and our train had been cancelled due to the storms around Frankfurt- it couldn't get through. We could leave on another train or wait for an hour for the next one. We lost our reserved seats but we managed to find a carriage with free seats. It took about an hour to get to Nuremberg. The scenery was green fields topped with snow. We got into Nuremberg and it was that chill that gets into your bones. There was ice in the park near us and we had snow falling again. I think we have had our dose of snow- it can clear up now. Going by the weather forcast for the next few days it doesn't get out of the minuses. The supermarket is just through the park so we decided to cut through, the path was ice. You had to walk on the edge otherwise it was like ice skating. We got our supplies and headed back, just have to find a bakery for breakfast. It is good to be back in Germany it's like our second home, familiar things.

    Photo - The park we walked through
    Read more