Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    A day out in Bamberg

    January 15, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    Dave and I did our morning stroll across the park to the bakery. On the way home snow was falling on us and it was so peaceful and serene walking through the park. I just want to hang onto this memory. Serenity was soon to be broken, we arrived back to the apartment with our bedroom floor flooded. The shower is in our bedroom and is an open shower. The water decided not to drain away and Brodie didn't notice it until he had finished then had to get dressed before he could get Kellie to help him. We have a huge rug in our room so that was nicely soaking up the water. My bag was on the floor full of souvenirs, but they had shifted that to safety. Half an hour later every towel soaked, the rug dripping over the clothes horse we had breakfast, yes that memory will be lasting. We had to wash all the towels so we couldn't leave until they were finished. A very late start to the day. We headed off to Bamberg which is less than an hour away by train. It took about 15 minute walk to reach the old part of the town. It was well and truly lunch time by the time we got to the centre. We found a quaint place which we were seated out in a covered courtyard and had heaters. Another nice lunch and a relaxing hour. Kellie was stoked as the waiter made her a vodka fanta. Bamberg is famous for its breweries, so Dave sampled the local beer. After lunch we followed a tourist trail around the old town. All day the snow showers would come and go. The good thing about the snow is it doesn't stop you from walking you just keep going and enjoy it. The kids had snowball fights whenever they could. We caught the train back and we had to go to the train station's grocery store as ours is closed on Sundays. It's a small shop and is chokkers with people. We got back to our apartment a bit after 6pm. Eggs for tea as we had a decent lunch. We are all a bit weary today, so an early night.

    Photo 1 - Bamberg Town Hall
    Photo 2 - Kids having a snowball fight
    Photo 3 - Where we had lunch
    Photo 4, 5 & 6 - Around Bamberg
    Read more