Satellite
  • Day 34

    Doctor Doctor

    January 17, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ -2 °C

    Well once again we didn't get up until 8am. On our way to get breakfast we looked out for the squirrels. It didn't take long for Dave to spot one. On the way back there is one in a tree by our apartment. There ended up being about 5 playing around. We spent time trying to get a photo but they are so quick. A man in the park told us they are about a year old. We planned to go to Regensburg for the day but as we were about to leave we decided it might be best if Dave sees a doctor while we are still in Germany. He can't shake his chesty cough, and the rest of us are all well and truly over our colds. There are a quite a few doctors around us, he asked the chemist where to go and they pointed him in the right direction. A few hours later, a few pills, found out the best beer in Nuremberg and a really good gingerbread place, we are right to go. By now it's 12.30pm and too late to go to Regensburg. We decided to head into the old town for some lunch then back out to Nazi Party Rally Grounds. When we ventured out it was -3 and when we went to the bakery it was -8. We are now taking the cold weather in our stride. Finding a place for lunch usually takes a good hour. Eventually we always find one that we agree on. Today it was burgers, so that changed it up a bit. Dave is lucky, today he has red meat twice today in his burger and we have spag bol for tea. I must say I am getting used of a glass of white wine with lunch. In Italy it is offensive to have a fizzy drink with your lunch, so of course I didn't want to be offensive. Now the habit has kind of stuck. We went back out to the Zeppelinfeld, and walked around for a couple of hours. It's a strange feeling standing up where Hiltler did, a powerful feeling. Then at the same time what you are standing on, you are thinking how many people died during the construction. We walked back to the towards the museum and this time we walked across the frozen lake. In a part of it there were a few people ice skating. We had a early night, back at our apartment by 5.30pm. We move on tomorrow so we have that joyful task of packing up again.

    Photo 1- Nuremburg
    Photo 2 - Sorry another pic of a squirrel
    Photo 3 - Lunch
    Photo 4 - Zeppelinfeld now
    Photo 5 - A picture of Zeppelinfeld Nazi Rally
    Photo 6 - A picture of Zeppelinfeld Nazi Rally at night
    Read more