Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Auf wiedersehen Deutschland

    January 18, 2017 in Czech Republic ⋅ 🌙 -8 °C

    Well we had to get up a bit earlier today as we needed to pack up. A quick walk to the bakery, it was a bit too dark to look for squirrels. Always seems daunting packing and tidying up, but we always get it done with time to spare. Today we caught a bus as this is the easiest way to get from Nürnberg to Prague. It's nearly a 4hr trip, we left at 11.15am. It was a double decker bus and we had reserved seat tickets. There was only one other person on the bus and would you believe directly across from us, and she had a cold. Grrr. The trip went reasonably quick, we had made our lunch for the trip. The scenery was either forests or vast fields of snow covered fields. It reminded me of our sandy paddocks. Instead of looking for squirrels it was deer, I found some. We arrived in Prague about 3pm, it was a bit scary, a completely different country and we haven't been here before. We found our hotel easily and we have an apartment. It is very nice and the kids have their own rooms, which I think is long overdue. Our next chore was to find a supermarket and shop. There is no way you can work out words as it is a very different language. Then we have the money, we withdrew 15,000 koruna's which is the equivalent to 555 euros or 786 australian dollars. Our groceries came to 526 korunas, I don't think I will get my head around the money. Well, we found some chicken for tea. The good thing over in Europe most places have a picture of a chook or a cow etc. I'm not sure how we ever survived without google translate. The buildings here are different from the other counties we have visited. They are uniformed and ornate, looking forward to seeing more of Prague. Luckily the hotel has a computer for Kellie to use as she is trying to sort out her Uni stuff, which is a bit mind boggling. Hopefully we will be able to sort it out. On the plus side we have a comfortable lounge first time since we have been away. So it should be a comfortable last few days.

    Photo 1 - Scenery from the bus
    Photo 2 - A few deer along the way
    Photo 3 & 4 - Prague
    Photo 5 - Czech money
    Photo 6 - Prague weather for the next few days.
    Read more