Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Southampton day 3

    June 14, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Started the day with breakfast on the balcony. After we ate the three of us walked the Southampton old city historic trail. It was very interesting. Quote of the day from the kid "when this building is older then your country ". There are wall sections dating back to the 1100's.

    Lunch was at Handmade Burger Co. and was delicious.

    After lunch we continued the walk of walls. Along the way we past a restaurant by Marco White. That was extremely cool as I have been a fan of his for some time. He was a celebrity chef before that was even term. We then stopped at a local brewery, The Dancing Man for a pint. I had their traditional bitter and Heather had a larger. A very respectful brewery.

    We headed to the apartment for a couple of hours to decompress and to avoid some of the heat , gasp it was 72.

    Later we walked the rest of the walls on the northern side of the city along the way we past St. Mary's. the home pitch for Southampton FC.

    It was approaching evening so we hit the pubs. The Standing Order and the Red Lion which is the oldest pub in Southampton. At the lion a few of the locals mocked my runDisney trainers. Which I deserve for wearing bright orange sneakers.

    Dinner was back at the apartment with supplies from the Co-Op.

    After dinner we attempted to play the U.K. Version of Trivia pursuit but we completely lacked the knowledge for most of the content. Extremely funny and a great time.

    Today we board the ship. Which we can see from our balcony 😀👍
    Read more