Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Travel to the Big Apple

    June 25, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    An early 4.30am start to get us to Manchester Airport for our morning flight. We had a very healthy breakfast of fruit, muesli, yoghurt and croissant and boarded on time. The plane was unusual in that the seats were in 2's. so Sue and Rob were in front Gill and I. We were in very high spirits and much giggling and silliness ensued until we all settled into the flight. The time passed easily as we laughed and chatted, ate and read and watched the worst film ever made. I definitely don't recommend "Manchester by the Sea" miserable rubbish. We were all using the Australian Bush Flower travel essence which entailed taking 7 drops every hour throughout the flight. This should help protect us from any imbalance from travelling and reduce the effects of jet lag.
    We (Me and Gill) liked the toilets. They were in the middle of the plane, down a flight of stairs and grouped together in a little bay. It meant no queuing whatsoever and there was enough room to practice a bit of yoga.
    The taxi into Manhattan went down Broadway into Times Square so an excited feeling around familiar landmarks. The Hotel has an impressive lobby but the rooms are small and tired looking. No room to unpack.
    Having been up so early although early evening in New York our bodies knew it was really midnight so after a couple of happy hour drinks we went in search of food and ate in a bar/ diner called Harry's Bar and had a good meal at a shocking price.
    Wending our way back to the hotel we came upon a little unfolding drama outside Macy's. the road was cordoned off, a bike was lying in the road and a car parked at a funny angle so we assumed a road accident. The streets are so busy and noisy. Hope we get a good nights sleep.
    Read more