Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 6 walking!

    May 14 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    We had a lot of noisy rain last night and left Logrono in the drizzle, didn’t last long but at least we have now used our wet weather gear! Leaving Logrono was bit dull as the way was parallel to main road but eventually the way moved into greener and more pleasant land with lots of vine fields with the red clay soil very evident. Yesterday’s path included a stretch known as the ‘knee wrecker’ but so far my knees have been ok 🤞famous last words!! Although I do have a bruised big toe from going down steep slope on day 1 !
    We stopped for lunch in Naverette but there was cool breeze, and despite the lovely veg soup, we didn’t linger. It was a gentle climb again near a main road in places, to our current village of Ventosa after walking about 24 Km today. We did pass some interesting features including stork on large high nest, and the remains of a pilgrim hospital from 12th century. We’re at an interesting Albergue, the host is hospitable but sent us down the road to the local cafe for dinner, where we watched a lightning storm and the little road turned into a river! Hopefully we’ll have better weather tomorrow!
    Read more