Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Fort Lauderdale and Underway

    February 6, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Not much in the way of pictures today

    We stayed overnight at a Hampton Inn in Ft Lauderdale. Dinner was eggs & bacon (and pancakes for W) at a diner across the street. We turned in pretty early because the train sleep wasn't the best.

    This morning- breakfast in the hotel, load up the car, then off to the port to drop our bags. Finding out arranged parking was an adventure. GPS took us to some condo complex (looked nice, but no cruise parking there.). We found what we thought to be the correct lot, but it was locked, and no one was there. I called the number, and the guy hung up on me- called me back and gave me another address to go to. After doing some GPS-induced circles, we ended up at the Hilton hotel. The guy at their parking desk knew immediately what happened- "They must be full at the other lot." He gave us directions and summoned the shuttle for us. Now if the guy on the phone had told us to go to the Hilton, and gave the address, it would have been SO much easier.

    Checking in for the cruise was probably the easiest we've ever experienced. Our stuff was x-rayed, then we showed our seapasses and passports, got our pics taken, and came aboard. No huge lines- safety check was already done online, and we went to our muster station. Done.

    Had lunch in the Windjammer, and dinner in the MDR where we sat with a nice couple- Barbara and Paul.

    Not up for nightlife tonight, so just in-room tv with my man- and unpacking.
    Read more