Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Challenge the Process

    July 31, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    AGAIN-In regards to the contextual factors, talk about one (which of course if not the one you just talked about) and what you learned while we were in NOLA that helped you understand that factor in more depth?

    On my LPI chart, my lowest leadership quality is challenging the process, so I had hoped going to NOLA I'd learn a thing or two about it, and I sure did. As I mentioned before, you can't let yourself become discouraged when a problem seems overwhelming or too large, that's encouraging the heart, the step after that is challenging the process, finding a way to take on this challenge in a new way. While we were working with Ellie and her team distributing groceries, there were challenges that the team faced before the day began. Ellie informed us that in previous years, there have been disputes that broke out over people who did not sign up to get groceries trying to get in line and the overall size of the line itself. To combat the first issue, they implemented the numbers on the car windows of approved families to make sure the people who signed up get what they need. As for the second issue, the line for the grocery pick up became so large that the team needed to move their site to an entirely new location where traffic wouldn't be such an issue. At the end of the day, we all packed up everything in a U-Haul and unloaded it at their new location to remedy their line issue. Being adaptive and creative are two things a leader needs to challenge the process, and I think I learned something from the team.
    Read more