Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    The man with the flowers

    June 19, 2022 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We had 40 minutes to wait for a friend and while we were waiting, we spotted the man with flowers. He was stood in the centre of a large tarmac apron with a bunch of flowers in one hand. For half an hour he paced up down, but who was he waiting for?

    Were the flowers a form of ID so someone would know who to approach? A first date? For his mother? Maybe even he was just a delivery man holding the flowers for someone to collect before going down on one knee?

    We thought the mystery would never be sold as our friend was due any moment, but he messaged to say he was 20 minutes late.

    20 minutes, he glanced at his watch for the first time. 25 minutes, he began checking his phone. 30 minutes, his pacing became more frenetic, each length a little longer, and he moved to the centre of the apron so as to be seen better.

    31 minutes, our friend messaged to say he'd be there in 2 minutes.

    33.5 minutes, a blond in black walked through the park gates, and approached the mn with the flowers. They hugged, he gave her the flowers, and they walked away. Worth the wait!
    Read more