Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Lake Tahoe

    September 9, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Theo woke up at 6:30am - I guess he wakes up with the sun. The morning was hectic, trying to figure out what hikes would be possible with Theo and generally what to do with our day. We got into our cars at around 10:30am, and Theo fell asleep within 15mins.

    We drove up towards Emerald Bay, and there we found a tiny creek where Theo could put his feet in. It made me so happy to see him enjoy himself. It was also very sunny there, so we were able to tan a little bit.

    Lisa and Judith then left us to go on a separate hike that would’ve been too difficult for Theo. Instead, Chris, Theo and i did another tiny walk down towards a viewing point for Emerald Bay and then went to have lunch. We ate Mexican food and it was reaaaally tasty. Theo like the burrito salad more than the tacos.

    After we had lunch, we went to a quiet beach called Pope Beach. It cost $10 entry fee, and we were only there for 1 hour, but I reaaaally wanted to go for a swim. The water was surprisingly much, much warmer than we had expected. It was cold, but still manageable. Theo really loved playing with the sand and water too, and it really filled my heart with joy to see him by the water. It was too cold for him though, and now we’re a bit worried that he might get sick. Somehow, we’ll manage.

    Before heading home, we all tried to go crawdad fishing (a type of local crayfish) but we’re very, ver unsuccessful. We were looking forward to having home cooked seafood, but instead we’re eating eggs with toast.. which is not so bad 🤷🏽‍♀️

    Chris and I get the feeling that Theo’s mood is affected a lot by the change in routine. He’s often having to sit in the car or wait inside a store and it seems that the lack of physical activity is really making him grumpy and impatient. We plan on trying to cater to his physical needs more so that he feels more normal again.

    Tomorrow we drive to Yosemite national park, and it’s a 5 hour drive. We likely won’t have any reception there, so I’ll update the blog once we’re in Santa Cruz.
    Read more