Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    A day in Yosemite

    September 11, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Our first night in Yosemite was freezing, we all wore several layers in anticipation for 1-2 degree temperatures. In the end, we survived and were rewarded with beautiful Yosemite campground sunshine weaving through the tall pine trees that surrounded us.

    Chris started the morning fire with Theo and boiled eggs for everyone. We ate a big breakfast so that we’d have energy enough to explore Yosemite. Chris and I would leave with Theo to visit Tunnel view and Mirror Lake while Lisa would do the big El Capitan hike.

    I fell asleep on the drive down to Yosemite valley and was awoken by Chris pointing out the view of El Capitan and half dome. Both are so impressive to look at, photos really don’t do them justice!

    We decided to let Theo do the Mirror Lake hike with us without his buggy, hoping that the physical activity would help tire him out.. which it did. Mirror Lake Loop Trail is the easiest hike that Yosemite offers - it’s family friendly and wheelchair friendly and is a round hike of approximately 3.7km. Chris and I were so proud of Theo for finishing the hike! We made a LOT of breaks in between so it probably took us about 2-3 hours to complete.

    We got back to camp 5mins after Lisa and immediately started making food because we were all so hungry. We ate a lot of food and Theo fell asleep really easily again. Such a successful, fun day and the evening temperatures were warmer than the night before too 👍🏽
    Read more