Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    San Diego/Chris' 30th bday

    September 20, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We left LA as soon as we could in order to avoid Friday traffic on the way to San Diego. The drive was okay and we were happy to arrive at our Airbnb at a reasonable time. We stayed at a big Airbnb big enough to fit 12 people, but in the end there were only 10 people who stayed. Two of chris’ other friends stayed with us too, but slept in their camper van outside.

    The Ocean Beach area is just like many of the other beachside towns, but with a lot more craft beer bars. There are a lot of homeless people that stay around the beach area, so it’s not necessarily the prettiest place, but it’s not ugly either. I feel like I would need to stay here longer to get a real feel for Chris’ love for this place. Unfortunately we never have enough time!

    On the 22nd we of course celebrated Chris’ 30th bday. Everyone slept in (except me and Theo 😅) and once everyone was ready, we started the day. First Chris opened all his gifts (thank you to everyone 💕) and then we started with the birthday festivities. We organized a funny costume for Chris and I had prepared some Schlag den Raab style games to bring out chris’ competitive nature. We enjoyed a bbq together and in the evening, Chris and his friends started a craft beer tour of Ocean Beach that I had also organized. Lots of photo tasks using disposable cameras📸 the photos won’t be developed until after we arrive back in Germany, but I’m sure they’re equally as hilarious as the rest of the day was.
    Read more