Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Big Bear Lake

    September 25, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We left San Diego and headed towards Big Bear Lake where we would stay for the night so that we didn’t have to the big drive to Vegas in one sitting. Theo can handle up to 3 hours in the car, but anything more than that is a bit exhausting/boring for him.

    Big Bear lake is an area that’s popular for snow sports and if you look on google maps, you can see that the lake is up in the mountains and is roughly the shape of a bear. When we arrived at our cabin, I had an instant liking to it as it reminded me a bit of Yosemite and Lake Tahoe.

    Felix and Anja (our friends traveling in the camper-van) met us there and we enjoyed an evening bbq together. We only stayed one night and left for Vegas this morning.

    On the way to Vegas we stopped by Seven Magic Mountains, which is a very colorful art installation in the middle of the desert. It’s so strange to see so many colors amongst the desert background, but it was really nice to see and take photos of.

    We’re now safely in Vegas, Theo is sleeping and Chris is trying to find us some dinner. Tomorrow we celebrate the very spontaneous Vegas wedding of our friends. Unfortunately only Chris will be able to attend, because I’ll have to stay with Theo for the night. It’s still so exciting that our friends are marrying in Vegas though!
    Read more